Frequently Asked Questions
1. Can we order items not listed in the online store?
- Yes. Please contact us if you are interested in our kumihimo accessories or Japanese goods.
- If you send us a photo of the item you want, we can confirm availability and lead times.
2. Do you accept custom orders for Kumihimo?
- Yes. We can make Kumihimo in your desired color, length, and thickness.
- We will need to confirm your requirements before quoting a price and schedule.
- Since our Kumihimo are made using silk threads, their prices are higher than ones made using artificial fibers.
- If you wish to discuss a custom order at our store in Asakusa, please make a reservation in advance so that we can ensure one of our artisans is available to discuss details.
- Small Kumihimo (netsuke cords, watch cords, and decorative cords) take 2 to 3 months to make and ship.
- Large Kumihimo (obijime, haori cords, sword cords) take 3 to 6 months to make and ship.
We typically reply to emails within 48-hours on weekdays. We cannot respond to emails on weekends or holidays, so please call us if you are in a hurry.
- Business hours: 10:30–19:00, seven days a week
- Email: email@example.com
- Phone: +81-3-3847-2680